Karen Brake Barge
Director, Graphics and Website Design for SpendSmart and DreamSmart Academy
Karen Barge is an award-winning website designer. She will oversee the design, UI and graphic representation of the SpendSmart companies and The DreamSmart Academy message. She has worked with Jeff and Greg for the past 10 years creating their brand. Karen also works behind the scene at the SpendSmart and DreamSmart workshops taking pictures and creating video clips.
Karen has over 25 years of experience as a graphic and web designer, specializing in the fields of corporate identity, UI design, print design, and branding. Before she started her own business, she worked in the video game division of GTE Entertainment and then for Verizon as the lead UI and website designer for over 10 years.
In 2003, Karen started her own company, Red Edge Graphics. She earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree from the University of North Texas, in advertising and a certificate from Apple Regional Multimedia Center, in multimedia and Design.
- Art Director, The SpendSmart Nation
- Owner & CEO, Red Edge Graphics
- Art Director, SpendSmart.org
- Owner & CEO, Karen Brake Design, Inc.
- Lead Designer, Verizon Online
- Lead Designer, GTE Corporation
- Website Designer, GTE Entertainment & GTE ImagiTrek
- Art Director, Ambler & Hickerson Packaging
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree, Advertising – University of North Texas
- Certificate in Multimedia and Production Design – Apple Regional Multimedia Center, Texas
Accomplishments & Recognitions:
- Astrid Creative Award, PhoneMart In-store Sales, Bronze
- Astrid Creative Award, CD-ROM- Anytime Demo, Bronze
- Telly Award, PhoneMart Anytime In-Store Promo, Finalist
- Marketing Association WebAward, Best Internet Service Provider Website for www.Verizon.net
- Astrid Creative Award, www.Verizon.net, Silver
- Summit Creative Award, www.Verizon.net, Bronze
- American Design Award, 2nd Place Award of Design Excellence, www.Verizon.net