Parents do not get a handbook handed to them when they become mom and dad. Sometimes we become parents through a planned, loving thought process; other times we become parents because we are thrust into parenthood. However we become parents, there is NO GREATER RESPONSIBILITY in our life than to raise another being into adulthood.
S.M.A.R.T. Parenting is a parenting style created its Founder Jeff Morris and his group of his very close friends.
• Who are of different ethnicities, cultures, backgrounds, and financial means
• Who have made it through the challenging early childhood years
• Who have survived the sometimes difficult teenage years
• Who have successfully parented their kids into the young adulthood years and beyond
Jeff’s experiences include more than 20 years of ministry in the church. Jeff has coached hundreds of kids, had thousands of interactions with parents over the years. These experiences have given Jeff some very unique insights into the good and bad of parenting.
S.M.A.R.T. Parenting was written to serve as a guide to assist parents who want to prepare their children to live life in the real world. S.M.A.R.T Parents raise S.M.A.R.T. kids who are:
• Emotionally healthy
• Respectful of others
• Responsible for their actions
• Living productive lives
• Supportive: Guide their children as they develop dreams and goals that give their life meaning and purpose
• Mindful: Seek out what’s best for their children based on their child’s gifts and abilities
• Affirm: Each child has unique gifts and abilities
• Respectful: Children are people too; they eventually become adults
• Time: Kids spell love TIME…there is no other way to show your child that you love them than to spend time with them. Smart parents create margin in their life.
S.M.A.R.T. Parenting begins with the end in mind. S.M.A.R.T Parenting looks through time to see their kids as teens/young adults moving towards independence. S.M.A.R.T Parents see each season of their child’s life as critical development stages that empower equip, and encourage their child toward independence.
S.M.A.R.T Parents; parent on purpose.
The DreamSmart Academy